By Jack M. Callaway,Elizabeth L. Nicholls
- First ebook in additional than eighty years committed solely to fossil marine reptiles
- Documents the most up-tp-date study on extinct marine reptiles
- Prepared through the world's such a lot renowned specialists within the field
- Well illustrated
Read Online or Download Ancient Marine Reptiles PDF
Best marine biology books
Trundling alongside in basically a similar shape for a few 220 million years, turtles have visible dinosaurs come and cross, mammals emerge, and humankind extend its dominion. Is it any ask yourself the chronic reptile bested the hare? during this attractive publication physiologist Donald Jackson stocks a life of remark of this curious creature, permitting us a glance lower than the shell of an animal without delay so general and so unusual.
An important reference ebook for each collector and researcher of yank seashells, Encyclopedia of Texas Seashells is an entire sourcebook and updated identity advisor, protecting an remarkable 9 hundred species of seashells and mollusks that stay within the marine habitats of the Gulf of Mexico.
Fishes are via a long way the main species-rich vertebrate taxon, and it's also the vertebrate crew with the main strikingly diversified repertoire of behaviours and behavioural diversifications. As such, they supply us with many possibilities to discover the attention-grabbing complexities of animal behaviour. principal questions addressed during this publication comprise: How do sensory enter, hormones, genetics and adventure have interaction to form person behaviour?
This ebook makes a speciality of the interplay among delivery and the average atmosphere and the way delivery can attempt to turn into extra sustainable. Readers are guided in marine environmental wisdom, environmental laws and abatement applied sciences to aid in judgements on approach, coverage and investments.
- Annual Fishes: Life History Strategy, Diversity, and Evolution
- Physiology and Ecology of Fish Migration
- Biology of the Three-Spined Stickleback (CRC Marine Biology Series)
- Large Marine Ecosystems of the North Atlantic: Changing States and Sustainability
Extra resources for Ancient Marine Reptiles