By Ewan W. Anderson,Liam D. Anderson
This revised and up-to-date model of An Atlas of heart japanese Affairs provides obtainable, concisely written entries at the most crucial present concerns within the heart East, combining maps with their geopolitical heritage. supplying a transparent context for research of key matters, it comprises heritage issues, the location of the center East on this planet and profiles of the constituent countries.
- Clearly and thematically organised sections overlaying the continued value of the center East, the heritage, basic issues, the states and the the most important matters concerning the area.
- Original maps built-in into the textual content, putting overseas matters and conflicts of their geographical contexts.
- Case reports and specified research of every nation, entire with appropriate information and key facts.
- Coverage of primary issues, such as:
- water shortage
- the petroleum industry
- conflicts and boundary issues
- A accomplished additional interpreting part, permitting scholars to hide the subject in additional depth.
Updated to incorporate fresh advancements equivalent to the "Arab Spring," this booklet is a important creation to undergraduate scholars of political technological know-how and center East reports and is designed as a chief instructing relief for classes regarding the center East within the components of politics, heritage, geography, economics and armed forces stories. This ebook can also be an excellent reference resource for libraries and a person drawn to those fields.
Read or Download An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs PDF
Best middle eastern history books
This research examines the angle of Egyptian intellectuals in the direction of Islamic fundamentalism in Egypt. they think that to set up an Islamic country could suggest a go back to the center a while and that Western values don't inevitably contradict Islam. How a ways can they effect Egypt's future?
Even if the Israeli country subscribes to the foundations of administrative equity and equality for Jews and Arabs sooner than the legislations, the truth appears very various. targeting Arab land loss inside of Israel right and the fight over improvement assets, this examine explores the interplay among Arab neighborhood professionals, their Jewish pals, and the corporations of the nationwide govt in regard to constructing neighborhood and local business components.
The advanced background of Lebanese Shi‘ites has often been portrayed as rooted in spiritual and sectarian forces. The Abisaabs discover a extra nuanced account within which colonialism, the trendy nation, social category, and provincial politics profoundly formed Shi‘i society. The authors hint the sociopolitical, fiscal, and highbrow transformation of the Shi‘ites of Lebanon from 1920 in the course of the French colonial interval until eventually the overdue 20th century.
Within the Fourteenth version of The center East, Ellen Lust brings very important new assurance to this finished, balanced, and fantastically researched textual content. In transparent prose, Lust and her remarkable members clarify the numerous complicated adjustments occurring around the zone. New to this variation is a rustic profile bankruptcy on Sudan by means of Fareed Hassan.
- Ancient Irrigation Systems of the Aral Sea Area: Ancient Irrigation Systems of the Aral Sea Area (American School of Prehistoric Research Monographs)
- The Plight of the Palestinians: A Long History of Destruction
- The Margins of Empire: Kurdish Militias in the Ottoman Tribal Zone
- Wrestling in the Daylight: A Rabbi's Path to Palestinian Solidarity
- Arab Awakening: The Story of the Arab National Movement (Kegan Paul Arabia Library)
Additional info for An Atlas of Middle Eastern Affairs